The symptoms of panic attack and heart attack looks similar and are often confused with one another. When stress hormones trigger the body’s fight or flight response, a panic attack occurs, which usually causes a rapid heart rate, chest pain, and shortness of breath. However, heart attack occurs, due to blocked coronary artery which causes the same symptoms. When there is not enough blood to reach the heart muscle, chest pain and shortness of breath may occur.
When the stress on the heart increases, the likelihood of a heart attack is higher. For any physical work such as climbing stairs, excessive physical work, especially for those who do not usually exercise. Heart attack can also occur due to unhealthy lifestyle. Another difference is the duration: Panic attacks usually disappear gradually and disappear on their own in about 20 minutes, but heart attacks usually last and get worse over time.
When the symptom is defined as a panic attack, a variety of treatments can be used, including comprehensive stress management and relaxation techniques such as meditation, acupuncture, yoga, and Tai Chi. And panic. Always speak to a therapist.
What are the Symptoms of Heart attack?
- Physical stress and mental stress can cause heart attack.
- Acute pain and pressure on heart
- Pain that contracts jaws, arms and shoulder.
- Experiencing shortness of breath.
- Pain gets worse with time.
- Excessive sweating
- Vomiting and nausea
What Are the Symptoms of Panic Attack?
- Extreme feeling of anxiety, with racing heart rate
- Extreme stress
- Pain don’t last long, it gets better in 20 minutes
- Experience shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating
- Tingling of legs and hands
If you or your loved one is battling a anxiety or any other mental health disorder, contact Medical Concierge. Call our 24/7 helpline number 877-636-0042 to gain access to details of mental health treatment centers in California. You can even chat online with one of our trained representatives to know more about residential mental health facilities in California.
- ‹ Previous Article
- Next Article›
- Scientists Show You Can Collect DNA From The Air
- 4 Recruitment and Selection Strategies for the Modern Workforce